Saturday 20 August 2011

Awesome day today

Nicholas, Dana, Paul and I had a fabulous day today.  (Dex had to work)  We went into town and did not tell Dana what we were doing.  Soon as we pulled into the Exhibition grounds she said I smell horses.  And I gave her the tickets and she was so excited.  We headed right to the barn to see the horses and meet some of the riders then we headed to find a place to sit.  First was the Oromocto Legion Colour Party, 3rd Field Artillery Regiment, RCA Band and then the Callander Hall Equestrian Team, K-9 Demonstration and then RCMP Musical Ride. 

The K-9 demo was awesome those dogs are so fast and Dana and Nick think that we should get Sasha to be a K-9 Dog.  The RCMP Musical Ride was awesome, it was defiantly worth sitting under the hot sun to see them.  I felt bad for the horses and riders, it was so hot and their uniforms are made out of wool.  Hot Hot Hot.


The K-9 dogs were so fast I had never seen in real life going after a "bad guy" before, you know bad guys are stupid if they think they can out run a dog.  The "bad guy" was caught in under 7 seconds.




This dog Rudolf ran, jumped and in one swoop knocked the bad guy down.  He was the fastest dog out of the three.  Shepard's are so smart.

The Equestrian Team was fun to watch too, there were six of them and the horses had little bells in their tails.



When Vancouver hosted Expo 86 I got to see the RCMP Musical Ride and it was so cool seeing the horses and riders I had never seen anything like that before, so when I saw a poster saying it was going to be in town I knew I had to take Dana to the show.  I think that Dana found her dream job riding a horse (and a black one also, black horses are her favorite) and everything that goes with it.  She would brush, talk to and ride a horse all day if she could. (Gee that sounds like me at her age) The riders and poor horses were so hot before they came on the stood in the back in some shade.








I have more photo's to share but it is time for bed.  I took 143 pictures and Paul took some photos and video also.  There are pictures in the barn and the rest of what we saw today.  We had so much fun today hanging out. 

Last night Dana woke up 1:30am and put a sign up on her door saying wake me up by tickling my toes and if that does not work ring the cow bell.  What a funny girl.  Then Nick woke up at 3:30 because one of his bandages came off and he wanted a new one, and then Dex woke us up at 6:00am to take him to work.  What a fun night it was.


















No comments:

Post a Comment