Sunday 17 July 2011

fun times

The kids have been having fun with friends and the weather has been hot hot (humid).  Nick and Brody the two peas in a pod and Dana has been having fun with Rebecca.  Dex has been hanging out with friends because his summer job isn't a summer job, one day a week is NOT a summer job.  That just bugs me every time I think about it so I try not too.


Let me tell you that this water bottle is the best.  Last summer my Mom and Dad came for a visit and my Mom had one and I loved it, it keeps your water so cold and yummy (water is so yummy especially when you are dying of thirst)  so when we were going camping Paul and my Dad went to Canadian Tire to get a few things and I had Paul pick us up one too.  I put two frozen margarine (500ml size) containers and then fill it up with water, and it last all day, well the hot days I have to put more water in it but it stays so cold,  I love it.  First thing in the morning is fill up the water jug, and we are good for the day.

Gabby and Sasha laying under the table, they pretty much do everything together, they are good play mates.


The other night Paul and I were making supper, I was peeling the potatoes and Paul was cleaning and cutting them and Nick came in and wanted to give it a try, so he got the peeler and started peeling.  He did a good job but thought the peeler was not sharp enough.  Oh he is funny.  He likes to help out in the kitchen but only when it is his idea. I will have to find the pictures of when Nick made supper all by himself. He did such an awesome job but was not too happy with me for taking his picture while he was busy at work.    Which reminds me of my other boy child.  The other day Dex and I were talking about that he could cook more at home since he likes to cook at Bens house,  and he said that cooking at Ben's was more exciting because they have cool things and we don't have the cool things in the kitchen that they have so he does not like cooking at home.  Oh really well maybe you can go hungry then since we don't cool things in the kitchen.  It is not the cool things that make the food taste good anyway it is the ingredients, how the food is cooked and the LOVE that goes into it.  Oh well when he moves out and can't afford all the cool tools and has to live on noodles then he will understand.  I tried, but he just knows it all.  HA HA HA HA HA


Dana and Rebecca playing in the pool, it is nice that Dana has someone to play with and what is even better is that she annoys both Nick and Dexter.  Ha Ha I love it Dana has had to put up with both brothers and their friends so now it is her turn.  She calls both Nick and Dex hobo's and both of them HATE it.  Oh what fun to have friends over.  Dana and Rebecca will play in Dana's room and then go in the pool then play in Dana's room.  A very fun day indeed.

I was hoping that this would help cool myself off, can I wish that this is what was outside?  I know I will just be happy that Nick has hockey again on wednessday I love the ice rink in the summer it is so nice to go into the rink and be cool again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment