Thursday 14 July 2011

Fun day today (for the kids)

Today was a fun day for the kids (they kept me busy) Both boys had a sleep over (Dexter is now finished for the rest of the summer for sleep overs he is not allowed to say those words "can I go/have for a sleep over" FINISHED)  He does have a summer job but as it looks right now it is only 1 or 2 days a week.  Not happy about that.  Oh well I did get a good picture of him sleeping down stairs.  Of course he is still all wrapped up in his Heggie Butt Blanket in the middle of summer.


Nick had Brody over so Dana and I decided to make french toast for breakfast and then Paul had the left over ones for lunch.  Dana is starting to take an interest in cooking, last weekend she finished up cooking the pancakes while I went and picked up Dex from work and when she was finished she even turned off the griddle and unplugged it.  Awesome job I was so proud of her. 

Nick and Brody decided to get some kids together and have a hockey game so they were busy on the phone and knocking on doors.  They rounded up a few and got a game going, Dana was the score keeper and ref.  They were on the road at first and it really makes me mad when cars do not slow down.  After a bit I had them move to the neighbours drive way because they have a double driveway and their next door neighbour is no longer there.  It was safer because the guys were getting off work so the road was getting busy.  After a while I took them out some cold treats (freezes etc.) They played hockey some more then they all wanted in the pool. 
Nick is in the white shirt, Brody is in the darker blue, Connor in the other blue shirt, Chris is the big kid gray/green shirt.  Steve is standing by Dana who has her sun hat on.

 So in they went but they would jump in and then get out and jump in again.  So after a bit of that I said it is time to stay in the pool or stay out.  So then they started a game of football.  Dana got in the pool and was once again the ref.  I am glad that they had fun and it was good to see them outside too.  Not that I have to worry about that much with Nick, and Dana loves the pool too.  Today was a nice hot day and NO humidity.  AWESOME

I have to decide about pictures, I took a bunch of the kids today but they are on my camera still.  I do not want to be uploading everyday (I don't think?) but now I do not have pictures of today.  OK I talked to Paul about my little tech problem and he showed how I can keep track of my photo's.  So now I have photo's of today.  YIPPEE

The other day I mentioned about going to Elizabeth Dillow's blog I really enjoy reading her blog and wish that I was better at words (My cousin Janet is amazing with words, one time she came for a visit and wrote this amazing story with such descriptive words in like 5 minutes.  She is super talented in her writing. Janet can make an everyday activity sound so much more exciting, I on the other hand just write.  Anyway my point is we all have talents (I am very grateful for all of my talents) and need to use them and I feel so lucky to be able to know how to read so I can read blogs (and books) and also write up my own.  But believe me if I could I would have Janet (and even my sister Jodi) write my blog it would sound so much better.  My life would be much more exciting I think.   OH well at least I have a life to live and one to write about.   

No comments:

Post a Comment