Saturday 25 June 2011

Last day of school

The kids were so excited for school to end.  By the end of the year they need a break.  I try and make the teachers something at the end of the year and usually Dana and Nick help make it.  Last year we made pretzel hugs, a huge hit (but cost me about $50 to make) so this year I didn't want to "buy" anything.  So a few days before school ended I was talking to my sister in law Jodi and while we were talking about teacher gifts if hit me that I had seen this cool idea.  I was so excited because I had everything to make them.  It only took me a day and half and they were finished. 

I got the idea from a scrapbooking site, mine is a bit different because I didn't have the same flower punch but I thought they turned out cute.  Here is a close up. 










I made 17 of them and was pretty happy with the way they turned out.  I put 24 white pieces of paper in the middle.  Thursday I wanted Dana and Nick to pick which ones they wanted for their teachers and Nick had a fit he did not want any for any of his teachers, he said none of them are going to give me anything why should I give them something.  So I explaned about giving is more important than getting and his teachers work hard all year long for him.  But in the end he would only give one to his teacher and Karla (the TA in the classroom)  So I wrote a thank you to his principal and gave her one and Dana took some so I have some left over. 


Nick, Karla and Emma.


Dylan and Nick. 


Dana and Ms. Charlton


Dana, Rebbeccalyn, Kira.

SCHOOL IS DONE FOR THE YEAR!  So proud of my kids they all did great in school, worked hard and are moving on to the next grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment