Wednesday 8 June 2011

Good, busy, hot day

Today was a good day, better than yesterday STRESSFUL.  Today was Nick's track and field so after I got Dana and Sasha for a walk well Dana to school I got stuff together and headed down to the track field.  It was fun to cheer on the kids and make sure they had fun and drank plenty of water.  I made sure that Nick had bug spray on and sun tan lotion but did not for me so now at the end of the day my arms and legs are red.  My arms feel like they are on fire.  Sad thing is, it won't turn into a tan it will fade to nothing.  I have never been able to tan.  Just get red.

Nick did awesome at all the events long jump, running jump, ball throw, Frisbee toss, ring toss, running, hurdles, soccer kick, and one more I can't remember.  Good times.  He got 2 and then 3rd in the running finals.  And the rest of the activities were just for fun, they wrote down what they got but didn't do first or second or third.  Maybe tomorrow he will get a ribbon or something I don't know.  It was a perfect day though.  Nice breeze and when you were in the shade it was perfect.  We got to sit in the shade to eat our lunch but the rest of the time we were walking on the field in the sun.

Dexter thinks he did good on his project about the ice road.  I guess there was only three of them who were ready so they went first and the rest of the class were not ready or didn't want to do it so they have to write the test now and the other three do not have to so that is good for Dexter because he said that her tests are really hard. 

Dana is excited because tomorrow she has sewing and gets to work on Stanley.  She is just about finished. YIPPEE

I am going to go relax and put more lotion on my arms and drink some more water.  Walking all over the place in the sun all day sure does make you tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment