Tuesday 11 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving the weather was super and we had yummy food to eat,with leftovers for the next day or to which I love.

I was able to get my mini books finished for my online class that I was doing.  I made 4 mini books using cardboard, cinch tool and paper.  I think I am obsessed with making these books they are so much fun to do.  They are 4.5x6 inches.  Now I just get to add my photo's.






Nicholas has been asked to join the competitive team this year.  Every year I hope that the drama from the year before will be over and a new and better year will happen.  The drama never stops I guess.  So I do not know what is in store for us this year.  Nick has two games this week one on Wednesday and Friday then the team will be announced then practice starts on Saturday.  Nick is very excited to be going competitive, he has the determination and the drive to be the best he can be.  I guess that it is meant to be, Paul and I have had three different coaches ask for Nick to be on their team as their goalie, the other goalie is not easy to work with I guess, he is good but has a very bad attitude.  Oh the joys of sports and kids.  Here is Nick breaking in his mouth guard.


Friday was so nice the kids were outside hanging out.  Here is Dana, Ian, Brody and Nick listening to music on Dana's net book (from school).  They had been playing hockey and jumping on the tramp and they were taking a little break.



Saturday Nick and Brody had Matthew and Ethan come over to play a game of hockey.  They would take turns being the goalie and then of course have play fights.  They were fun to watch I am glad that the driveway is long enough for them to play on.






Sunday is when we had our thanksgiving dinner.  We had turkey, potatoes, salad, dressing and sweet potatoes, which everybody loves.  Paul and I peeled and cleaned the potatoes and when the sweet potatoes were boiled Dex and Dana put the marg, brown sugar and put the marshmallows on the top.  YUMMY.  Sadly this is the only picture I took of our dinner and eating.  I was a bit worried about if the turkey would taste good but it was really good most of the spice was on the outside but it was moist and had lots of flavor.  I picked this up when Mulder's had their meat sale.










No comments:

Post a Comment