Wednesday 12 October 2011

Button battery dangers, odds and ends

Yesterday when I was going through a couple blogs that I like there was this story about a boy named Emmett who had swallowed a button battery.  He is not quiet two years old and has to have surgery's and x-rays and 4 inches of his esophagus removed.  I tried to put it on my face book to help spread the word (and I have lots of little people in my family) but for some reason either I or face book was having problems.  Poor little guy. 

This morning Paul was supposed to be to work earlier so I set the alarm but it did not go off so as he is getting dressed he goes to use the phone but there was nothing so I run down stairs to get that one and it was just static.  So none of our phones work, I knew the phones were dying but figured they would be OK for a while.  Thank heavens for a cell phone, so I had to write a note for both Dana and Nick's teachers to call my cell phone in case something happens while they are at school.   So after the kids left for school and I got the plants in water I checked out the fliers for sales on phones. 

Nick has his first hockey game tonight for the competitive tryouts, the white jerseys against the black jerseys.  Should be a good game (I hope).

I had made something a while back and had to cut off a couple of inches off the bottom of the paper and I saved the strips of paper thinking that I would use these someday, well I made them into a book.

Over the weekend my Grandparents celebrated their wedding anniversary (60 years together) and their birthdays.  I had wanted to make them a little something because I could not be there.


Just before General Conference my friend Alyss and I were talking about what we would do to help our kids listen to the talks and learn something and I told her I would make up conference bingo with pictures and then they would have treats and if they heard a word they would put a treat on the bingo paper.  Then a few days before conference Alyss stopped by and gave me this cute little General Conference kit that she had made.  On the bottle of water was this quote "With joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation" Isiah 12:3.  On the paper pad President Uchtodorf said if you have any questions in your life that you should think of them, write them down, and pray about them.  Then listen carefully during General Conference for the Lord to answer your questions.  And the goodies tin Strengthen the body and ..... enliven the soul D&C 59:19.  Such a cute idea most of the time I am more worried about my kids listening then remembering something for myself to write notes or ideas that come when I am listening.


Have a great day today everyone.  I am going to go work on my Christmas gifts and feel sad that I can not post them till after Christmas I LOVE how they are coming together and want so much to share but then they will not be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment