Tuesday 29 November 2011

Paul home

Paul got home Saturday afternoon while Nick and I were at hockey. He was tired and has a bit of a cold and is glad to be home.  He took the camera and got some photo's but I need to find out what ones I can post first.

Friday night Dana had a youth group sleep over.  I didn't want her to go because I am not fond of sleep overs but she wanted to go and some of her friends were going too.  Dana does not get to do much so off she went.  I dropped her and Rebecca off and went and picked them up at 7am.  They said they had so much fun and stayed up the whole night.  We got home and they started playing.  I thought they would go to bed.  Nick and I got ready for hockey and we left at 8:30 and they were still up playing.

When Nick and I got home from the hockey game at 3:30pm they were sleeping.  At 5:00  I was trying to wake them up and Rebecca said how did I get here? I was just telling her about the sleep over when her mom called and Rebecca started to say I am sorry mom I feel asleep, she was confused about what day it was.  She thought it was Sunday.  She gets off the phone and we had a laugh.  She was confused and still half asleep.


The game on Saturday was good.  The kids all played hard and worked together as a team.  Nick almost got a shut out but they scored with 22 seconds left in the game.  The score was 7 to 1.  It was a nice arena, not an old freezing building that most of them are.  We went a different way home and got to see the Heartland covered bridge.  That was cool. This video is from a bit ago during a warm up.


Sunday's game was a hard one.  The kids played good but the other team was stronger and we lost.  We were also missing two of our defence players, one was sick and the other one was in Boston for that game.  So we should do better the next time we play them.  Brock was awesome in net made some really good saves.  Best of luck to the team for the next time we play them.

Dexter was gone the whole weekend to his friends house.  So this morning he didn't want to get up.  He wanted to stay home and sleep because he didn't do to much sleeping all weekend.  Too bad that is not a good enough reason to stay home.  So he was mad that I made him get up and go to school.

I am going to try and get my Christmas presents finished this week and get them mailed off before the rush sets in.  I love how they turned out and can't wait to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment