Wednesday 15 February 2012

Work, Dana's hair, out door rink

The other day I took the camera to work and got some pictures of myself and Dexter hard at work.  It was kinda cold but the sun was shinning.  I don't mind the job, I am still home for a bit and can still volunteer.  This is the pathway that I walk up to my cross walk.


At lunch time I take a milk crate and sit on that, and take my ipod and listen to music.  I don't usually get anybody and I find if I sit at noon it saves my feet for the rest of the day, especially when I am back in just an hour and then stand for another hour and a half.  Then on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I go walking with Katherine so my feet get tired.  They are getting better now and not so sore. 

I am walking up to meet Dexter to get a picture of him and this is what I see.



At lunch time he sits in the chair listens to music and texts on his phone.  What an easy time.

I also took Nick and Brody to the outdoor rink to play some hockey.  They were the only two kids for a bit then some other kids showed up and they had a game.  It was fun and I loved watching Nick fly without all of his goalie gear on.  He is super fast when he skates.




Nick also was called to play for the Fredericton Flames AAA hockey team.  The coach saw him play at one of our games and asked if he could play for them.  It is an awesome experience for Nick.  So proud of him.

Well it happened again, I got another call from Dana's school about her hair, some teachers said some stuff and want her hair combed.  I called the school and told them that if it bothered them that much to let her wear a hat, I mean really? Her head is super sensitive and combing her hair is very painful and causes her to have a headache, is it not more important that she is at school learning? who care about her hair, it is clean sure it is messy but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter?  No I think not.



No comments:

Post a Comment