Thursday 15 December 2011

Hockey, work

Things have been so crazy here.  We have been crazy with hockey games and practises.  Nick's team have had some hard games, they have played good and stuck together.  Nick had a game which he saved 34 shots.  The game got ruff and Nick stood his ground and pushed some kids out of his way.  I had to leave and walk around the rink.  The kids from the other team had hurt two of our players and never got called for it, they were taking cheap shots  at our kids and by the third period were taking there sticks and whacking Nick with them.  I get it that he will get some sticks on him but not like this.  You can barely see Nick behind the player in front of.


Last week as I was meeting the kids after school I was talking to my friend who is the crossing guard asked me if I would like a job I said sure you are not leaving are you? She said no but she had to have surgery.  So I am filling in for her.  A day or two later she asked me if I wanted a full time job.  I said you bet, the other crossing guard is moving so I can take her spot.  I am excited about it. I start full time in January. I work 3.15 hours a day and it is only 5 minutes from my house.  It will give me some extra cash, not a whole ton but more than I have right now.  It will defiantly help out having some extra money.  So I have worked a couple of days already and it is fun to see the kids, I have already got almost hit by a car so it is all good.  The stupid idiot was turning right where I was stopping cars.  I put my sign out and looked right at him, he stopped then I went out into the road and the guy pulled out and went right by me.  I am glad it was not a kid that was crossing, it was a military guy who stopped.  He was not impressed either. 


Nick had his Christmas concert and I took the video camera to film his class.  Part of his song was in french.  It was fun to watch.  I will upload it then put it on.  Sorry not a very good picture it was really dark in there.  Nick is wearing a white shirt in the middle row he is looking at the camera. I hope the video works.



Dex had his birthday we had Chinese food and he had a muffin for his birthday cake.  He didn't want a cake or ice cream (that was weird and Dana was not happy about it at all) so I put a candle in a muffin and we sang to him.




Dex also had to make the brownie cookies again.  I hope for the last time.  He said his exit project went good and he got a good mark so that is good.

Well I have to get ready for work and it is snowing out, oh goody standing in the snow what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment