Tuesday 24 July 2012

Summer hockey is over

The last game came for summer hockey and Nick was NOT going in net, he asked his team who wanted to go in net and Travis said he would trade him.  So Friday they tried on each others gear and skates to see what would fit and Nick gave Travis a few lessons in goal tending.


The boys were so excited to switch and I am surprised that either one of them slept that night.  The game was 6:00 Saturday night.  The game was was fun to watch.  We knew we were going to loose but it was super fun watching Nick skate around the rink again. Nick is number 6 for the blue team. He skated so fast it was hard to get a good picture of him.



After the game he was so excited he almost scored a couple of times and told me he was trying to get a penalty.  I asked him why? He said because he hasn't been in the box for a while.  What a funny boy.

Friday I had Katherine over and Nick, Travis and Katherine played hockey, they each took turns being goalie and Katherine loved being in net, she even put on all the goalie gear.


After lunch Dana and I are transplanting her spider plant babies, there are so many of them.

Dana and I also went and saw the movie Brave. We loved the movie and I don't want to give anything away in case anyone else wants to see it, very good with a good message too.  It is one I am going to buy when it comes out.

Now that hockey is over for a couple of months I washed what I could of Nick's gear then had him air out his gear outside. And then that big bag went downstairs.  YIPPEE it is out of my dining room at least for a month or so.




No comments:

Post a Comment